mootastic1

Daniel James Brown
Cloud Atlas
David Mitchell

Little House on the Prairie

Little House on the Prairie - Laura Ingalls Wilder, Garth Williams The Big Woods have gotten too crowded for Pa's taste, so the Wilder family packs up all their belongings in a covered wagon and heads west for the Kansas territory on authority that the government will be opening up the Indian lands for territory. Once their, they have to brave wolves, Indians, prarie fire, and other dangers, but they are happy on the plains in the simple house that Pa has built.

I actually didn't love this one quite as much as Little House in the Big Woods. I think that is more because instead of describing how to gather sap, churn butter, and the like, it was filled with descrpitions of how to build a house, furniture, and many long descriptions of how beautiful the prarie was. That doesn't mean I didn't like the book. I did; just not quite as much as the first. It's been a long time since I read these books as a child, and I will definitely be continuing on with the rest of the series.