mootastic1

Daniel James Brown
Cloud Atlas
David Mitchell

Bloodline

Bloodline - James Rollins In his latest addition to the series, James Rollins, picks up right where the last book left off. This time Grey, Seichan, and Kowalski are sent to Somalia, in search of the President's daughter who has been kidnapped. Along the way they pick up two new characters, Tucker Wayne - a former Army Ranger, and the comabt dog he trained, Kane. Like all of his novels, Rollins, sends the Sigma Force operatives on quite the roller coaster ride, throwing in copious amounts of real world science. While you can probably guess that they will complete their mission, how they get there is always a surprise.

I never thought I would rate a Sigma Force novels only 3 stars, but I guess you just never know. The newest characters, just didn't work for me. I really wanted to like Tucker and Kane, but they just fell flat to me. And while I love animals and love reading about all the amazing things that they can accomplish, when I had read the story from Kane's point of view, it just killed the momentum for me. Don't even get me started on how many times we had to hear about their amazing bond.

The plot itself wasn't bad, though I didn't enjoy it as much of some of the others. I was quite grateful, however, for finally getting to heart of who The Guild is, where they came from, and what their goals are. Learning more of Seichan's history was another huge bonus. I'm looking forward to finding out what she discovers in future books.

In all it was a good book, though it never compelled me to pick it back up. I've gotten used to James Rollins writing an above average thriller, and this one unfortunately wasn't. It however won't keep me from reading the next Sigma Force novel as soon as it's ready.