mootastic1

Daniel James Brown
Cloud Atlas
David Mitchell

Persepolis: The Story of a Childhood

Persepolis: The Story of a Childhood - Marjane Satrapi, Mattias Ripa, Blake Ferris Told in the form of a graphic novel, Persepolis, is the autobiography of Marji Satrapi between the ages of 9-14. The great-granddaughter of the last emperor of Iran, and daughter of Communists, she was poised to have a very interesting view of the Iranian revolutions that shaped the nation into what it has become.

I thought the format was a very interesting way to tell the story. By using the graphic novel format, she makes the recent history of her nation easily accessible to people of all ages. As an adult and history lover, I wanted more information, but given the style of this novel and the fact that it was presented through the eyes of a child, the information was adequate for what this book is. If like me, you find yourself wanting more detail, it's probably a good idea to follow this book up with a more in depth history of Iran.