mootastic1

Daniel James Brown
Cloud Atlas
David Mitchell

29 Gifts: How a Month of Giving Can Change Your Life

29 Gifts: How a Month of Giving Can Change Your Life - Cami Walker Struggling to deal with pain, physical and emotional, of her MS diagnosis, Cami Walker decides to take to advice of her friend Mbali to give 29 gifts in 29 days.at first she can't imagine how this will help but as the experiment progresses she discovers that instead of focusing on all the negativity, pain, and what is lacking in her life she, is now able to see all that is good and her life improves, in ways she never expected.

The book is broken down in a simple day to day fashion which made it very easy to follow along. Cami's story is an inspirational one from the standpoint of how she learned to live with her disease, but I can't say it inspired me much to join her giving movement. I listened to the audio version and thought it was well done, though some of her accents sounded a bit ridiculous. If you're interested in the self help genre, this isn't a bad example though I think there are better ones out there.