mootastic1

Daniel James Brown
Cloud Atlas
David Mitchell

The Kite Runner

The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini Amir grew up privileged in northern Kabul, before it would be savaged by war, Russian occupation, and finally the Taliban. His father was wealthy, but more than that he was respected. The best friend he would ever know, Hassan, was the son of their servant and devoted to Amir in a way that few people will ever experience. He didn't know how lucky he was.

Years later, the secrets Amir harbored, secrets that had haunted him since his last kite tournament, the last time he had seen Hassan smile, demanded reparation. So he returned to Kabul to atone for his sins, seeking both punishment and forgiveness.

Breathtaking. It is the only word I can think of to describe this novel. No words I use to describe this story could do it justice. It is a timeless tale of love, sorrow, and redemption. This is a book that will stay with me for a very long time. My only regret is that I did not read it sooner.