mootastic1

Daniel James Brown
Cloud Atlas
David Mitchell

Breakfast at Tiffany's and Three Stories

Breakfast at Tiffany's and Three Stories - Truman Capote This edition contained not only Breakfast at Tiffany's but also three short stories; House of Flowers, The Diamond Guitar, and Christmas Memories.

Breakfast at Tiffany's was every bit as good as I was hoping and well deserving of five stars. I am leaving out the synopsis, as the stpry is well known both as a book and film. The storytelling and the descriptions of the characters were first rate, making you feel as if you were there, peeping in on their world. Holly is a divinly created, ethereal character while "Fred," the narrator keeps you grounded. The plot is nothing groundbreaking, but the character of Holly Golightly is more than enough to keep you interested.

The short stories, on the other hand, I wish had not been included. The most interesting of the bunch was House of Flowers and at best I can say it felt underdeloped. Had Capote turned it into a full-fledged novella or novel, it had the potential to be qute good. The other two, The Diamond Guitar in particular, were uninteresting in their entirety. The inclusion of these short stories are all that prevent me from giving this book five stars.