mootastic1

Daniel James Brown
Cloud Atlas
David Mitchell

Confessions of a Shopaholic

Confessions of a Shopaholic - Sophie Kinsella Becky is addicted to shopping. She just can't help herself, no matter how many notices she gets from her bank and credit card companies about the appalling state of her accounts. Sadly, her own efforts to hide just how bad she is at managing her money lead her to deceive just about everyone important to her.

This book was awful. I admit that I am not normally a chick-lit reader, but I was gifted this book in a swap, so I decided to give it a try. I was having a bad day when I picked it up and knew I couldn't focus on anything that required any brain power, so it seemed like a good time to read this book. It did the job I expected, keeping me distracted and vaguely entertained, but I really didn't like Becky or the supporting characters who just enabled her. The writing wasn't bad, but the story was pathetic and the descriptions of further Shopoholic books even worse. I give it two stars only because I do get the appeal of these types of books, they just aren't for me.