mootastic1

Daniel James Brown
Cloud Atlas
David Mitchell

Wuthering Heights

Wuthering Heights - Alice Hoffman, Emily Brontë Long considered to the classic example of a gothic novel, Wuthering Heights is indeed a classic and worthy of being read. It is a strong example of the gothic genre and the time-period in which it was written. While I can't say I loved it, I also can't claim to have hated or even dislike it. In fact I also didn't find Catherine or Heathcliff to be worthy of my hate, though many a reader seems to. Instead I felt pity for the both of them, and in fact all of the characters that populate this book. Pity is by far the strongest emotion I can muster for this novel.

As regards, the enduring battle between Wuthering Heights and Jane Eyre, I may be the rare reader who prefers neither above the other. They were both good novels and well written, but neither of them caused me great feeling one way or the other. It does make me curious however if it is in fact their slightly less famous sister Anne Bronte who will raise some emotion in me regarding any of the Brontes.