mootastic1

Daniel James Brown
Cloud Atlas
David Mitchell

Fables, Vol. 3: Storybook Love

Fables, Vol. 3: Storybook Love - Bill Willingham, Mark Buckingham, Steve Leialoha The third volume of the Fables series starts with a story on Jack's history since coming to the Americas before continuing with the story where we left off. Snow White is still recovering from Goldilock's attack leaving the Wolf in charge. When a muddy threatens to reveal their secret existence Bigby in the company of Jack, Boy Blue, Sleeping Beauty, Prince Charming, and Blackbeard must work together to keep their secret. But as usual Blackbeard and Prince Charming have their own plans. And just where has Goldilocks got to?

I didn't enjoy this volume quite as much as the first two, but it was still a fun diversion for a couple hours. However, I must say I really appreciate the author's willingness to shake things up. All I can say is that it's clearly not a good thing to get too attached to the status quo or you will be quite disappointed.