mootastic1

Daniel James Brown
Cloud Atlas
David Mitchell

World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War

World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War - Max Brooks In the wake of what came to be known as World War Z, following the apocolyptic zombie infestation, Max Brooks was driven to record the first hand experiences of those on the front-lines. He traveled across the decimated world to record their stories, from New Dachang, China where it all began to Yonkers, New York, Israel, South Africa, Siberia, and everywhere in between. These recordings are the stories of thos lucky few who survived the war.
I listened to an audio recording of this novel, and I have to say it was the perfect medium for this book, which is after all "an oral history." Dozens of people came together to make this possible, so that each person with whom the author spoke was given their own voice. I am sure it was quite good in print, but this is a story that I think needs to be brought to life by audio and I am quite glad I read it this way.

Overall I found the story quite good and I think the author handled the various ways in which the world would react well, both militarily and personally. It made what may seem to be an unbelievable scenario more than believable, and the accounts of those who "lived" through it chilling. I would definitely recommend this book to fans of post-apocolyptic fiction, horror, and zombies in general