mootastic1

Karen Maitland
Daniel James Brown
Cloud Atlas
David Mitchell
Fables, Vol. 4: March of the Wooden Soldiers - Craig Hamilton, Mark Buckingham, Steve Leialoha, Bill Willingham, P. Craig Russell

At the outset, we hear Boy Blue's story of fleeing the Homelands on the last boat out during which he unwittingly leaves behind his love, Red Riding Hood. When Red shows up in Fabletown, there is at first jubilation as no Fable has escaped in centuries, followed quickly by suspicion, and events that may reveal their presence to the Mundys. Oh, and just for a little extra intriguing, Prince Charming is looking to.unseat Old King Cole as the Mayor of Fabletown.

I didn't enjoy this installment quite as much as  have the first three. The art as usual is well rendered, but I had a hard time fully engaging in the story. That said I was quite entertained by the witches' battle near the end, and I look forward to reading more about the Frau Totenkinder. This volume definitely appears to be pivotal to the continuation and I am looking forward to see where it leads.